After another curry themed breakfast, we once again boarded our sub-luxury coach and set off for Mandawar. Much hyped by our guide as an 'open air art gallery' we were more than willing to submit to the 7 hour journey to see it.
Halfway through, and with most of us having second thoughts about the whole outing, we stopped for a refreshing lunch of curry.
As a result, the remaing 4 hours of the journey flew by. Undeterred by the many cattle in the road nor by the suicidal intent of most of the other drivers, we soldiered on and finally reached Mandarwar.
Stepping from the coach, with a heightened sense of anticipation we prepared to be 'charmed by the colourful frescos'.
Seasoned readers of this blog ( those that aren't in some kind of institution) will have a sense of what's to come.
Stepping deftly over the steaming piles of sacred cow dung, we approached the first house.
To say I was disappointed is quite the understatement.
I can't say I was overly charmed. The next house proved slightly better, but honestly, none of them are going to feature in an issue of Homes and Gardens any time soon.
The 7 hour drive was not completely wasted however. We did see some baby owls......
By the way, the missing members of our party have finally turned up! (I know you were concerned).





No comments:
Post a Comment