Mushroom and sweetcorn pie. Costa coffee somewhere between Agra and Delhi
After almost two weeks of constant curry, this pie appeared to us like manna in the desert. (We'd only stopped for a wee as well)
Down to business then.
Pastry: Consistency almost identical to those polystyrene cups that you used to get coffee in. Never actually tried chewing one, but I have a strong suspicion that it would be tastier than this sad offering. There was a lot of it as well.
Filling: Initial inspection had us reeling back in horror. In appearance, it was very reminiscent of a squashed badger I once saw on the A55, but dotted with sad kernels of what had once been sweetcorn.
Such is my dedication to this feature that I actually placed some into my mouth, as did JB (plucky as ever). It goes without saying that we removed it almost immediately.
A dreadful, pitiful excuse for baked goods and a disgraceful example of the baker's art.
No comments:
Post a Comment