Sunday 22 February 2015

Two go wild in Borneo

Welcome to Borneo mates. We're in Sabah, more specifically, we're in Kota Kinabalu, home to the mountain of the same name.  Standing at over 4100m, it can be seen from anywhere in town.
Luckily, JB has already climbed it, so I don't have to.

Instead we chose to visit a wetlands Park (mangrove swamp) which promised sightings of birds too numerous to count.
I forked out for some binoculars and set off.  I only saw two birds, mates.  One that looked like a robin with a fake beak tied on, and a heron. And I didn't need the binos to see either one. ....

On the plus side, I did see some crabs, mud skippers, and best of all, two skinks (think lizard., but blacker), who were having a titanic scrap down in the mud.
Isn't nature wonderful........

No comments:

Post a Comment