Sunday 20 November 2011

And they say romance etc .... (2)

And so we find ourselves in Flores, an island on Lake Peten-Itza, and quite possibly one of the loveliest spots in the world. (see pic).  We went across the lake to the zoo, where among the many exhibits we saw a toucan, easily the best thing there despite its being held in solitary confinement. (I imagine it must have held up a bank or something...)

Anyway, picture the scene on the way home, motoring slowly across the lake, the sun setting, incredibly romantic, I think you´ll agree. I glance across at JB to see if he´s feeling the same way. Imagine my surprise, blog-mates, when I notice that not only is he smiling, but he´s holding a small round box in his hand!  "Look at this " he says softly. Crikey, I think, that toucan affected him more than I thought.  I lean forward . "I´ve just found this travel comapass in the bottom of my bag", he says, "Now we´ll always know where we are".

Lord Byron must be turning in his grave.....

No comments:

Post a Comment