Thursday 24 November 2011

Foreign pie news (an occasional series)

Those of you who know me even reasonably well will know that I´m not one to turn down a pie. It occurred to me that this foreign travel lark could provide me with a chance to sample (and comment upon) foreign pies. so far then, and in no particular order:
Pineapple pie. (Belize) Pastry very good. Feel it must have been made by (or possibly under the supervision of) a British pastrychef. Filling was, frankly, pineappley.
Coconut pie. (Also Belize). Again, very nice. The fact that I was violently sick some 15 minutes after eating it, can´t really be held against it, as was in a violently rocking boat on the barrier reef at the time.
Sort of cheesy pie thing. (Guatemala). Frankly horrid. Think it had been deep fried. Am only clutching at straws really when I say it was filled with cheese. Not recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone loves a good pie but am not sure you should eating things that look like cheese you could have eaten anything.

    I am tucking into a nice banoffee pie at the mo.

    Stay away from the hairy pies too

    ReplyDelete