Saturday 12 November 2011

La Isla Bonita

Madonna once warbled,  in one of her more catchy tunes , "Last night I dreamed of San Pedro". Well, I'm proud to say that I can go one better than Madge because last night I dreamed IN San Pedro. And very lovely it is.  We're  in San Pedro, on Ambergris Caye,  for a few days, chilling out in our beach front hotel, sipping rum and watching the sunset. It's not all landlubber based fun though. This morning we went on a snorkelling trip out to the barrier reef  (2nd largest in the world if you do know) and had the immense pleasure of swimming with  nurse sharks and Southern stingrays. (To be fair, I think the pleasure was mostly on our part. The sea creatures looked like they'd seen it all before, but at least they didn't try to eat us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment