Saturday 24 January 2015

Dust and heat

A very warm welcome to Veng Viang, blog mates. It's a lovely place, if a little dusty. It's the kind of place that ambitious dust comes to in order to really learn its trade.

However, it has got some stunning scenery.  Here's the view from our hotel room.


The place is full of bright young things (and quite a few not so bright, if I'm honest)  jamming their rear ends into dusty inner tubes and floating down the river.  It's a shortcut to haemorrhoids and no mistake....

Here's a picture of the river ( mercifully free of tubular youth)





What with all this partying going on, it was inevitable that at some point, even we would be offered drugs for sale. Regular readers will be well aware that I always keep a couple of medicated corn plasters about my person, so I reckoned I had the drugs scene covered, and politely declined.

Did I mention the dust????


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More dust please - what about a regular Foreign Dust Gazette?

    ReplyDelete