Tuesday 20 January 2015

Lao'd and clear

Welcome to Laos,  blog mates. Specifically, Luang Prabang, a town in the North of the country.  It's a UNESCO world heritage site, if that means anything to you, (and to be honest, it doesn't mean much to me..........)
It's an exceptionally laid back place, bordered by the Mekong River, with a fair few temples and examples of French architecture that have seen better days.

The currency in Laos is the kip. ( which rather puts a different slant on saying you're going upstairs for a kip, I can tell you..... )

Anyway, here's a picture of the sun seeing over the mighty Mekong....
 



I know that you're probably fed up with temple stuff, but hear me out, mates, this is interesting.

Every day at around 4pm, 2 or 3 of the more musical monks gather together to wallop seven shades out of a ceremonial drum like this one...






I've witnessed it, mates, and I must admit, the lads in saffron have rhythm. ....


That's about it for now, blog mates , my water buffalo burger has just arrived and requires my full attention....


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment