Monday 14 June 2021

I see no monster.....

 Today, I decided to address the wild talk around the campsite about a monster, and set out to circumvent the fabled Loch Ness.

Armed with a family sized bag of monster munch (the better to lure the beast in) and a stout heart, I set forth.

My quest was hindered somewhat on arrival at Urquhart castle (jumping off point for many a monster hunt) when I was met by a security man complete with stern moustache,  demanding to see my pre booking arrangements. 

Regular readers will, of course, know that pre-booking does not happen in my world.

Refusing to pay the frankly extortionate £9.60 per person to approach the Loch, I pushed on, determined to view the monster or bust.

Eventually, after encountering waterfalls, holy wells and,most horrendously, bagpipes, I reached the Loch shore.

I faced the water,  waving my monster munch and generally taunting the beast, but to no avail. 

I'm left with the uneasy feeling that there may in fact, be NO MONSTER,and that it's all a hoax designed to sell plastic crap to tourists.........



No comments:

Post a Comment