Wednesday 23 June 2021

Its not all disaster.....

I decided to visit the much vaunted Inverewe Gardens.
Promising boat trips, glorious rhododendron walks, a country house and informative visitor centre, it was a must.
Add in a cafe and you've cracked it for me.

I waved a cheery goodbye to JB who had instructions to return in 4 hours to collect me (doubtless seasick, gorged on cake and well informed on horticulture)

Trembling slightly I approached the entrance, only to be told that the house, boat trips,visitor centre and cafe were closed......

The gardens were open, but the fabled rhododendrons had shed their petals.

I put a brave face on things, but their vegetable garden wasn't a patch on mine, and I sensibly retired to the pub to wait for my lift home.

I thought that I'd seen all the despair that one person can realistically be expected to bear.
Blogmates, I was wrong.

Arriving back at the campsite, we discovered that the tent had fallen victim to the mighty gusts of wind plaguing the site, and collapsed.
And it was raining.......

On the plus side, I had a very nice slice of cake in the pub.

A frankly pathetic specimen in the walled garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment