Sunday 12 November 2023

Them boots weren't made for walking

This morning the sky finally ran out of water.

Never ones to miss an opportunity, and with JB fully recovered, we headed out for a walk along the seashore to our favourite seafood restaurant for lunch.

Somewhat rashly, my choice of footwear for the 3 mile stroll was none other than "The Sandals of Pain".

A reasonably recent purchase, they only made their true vindictive identity known to me after about half a mile.

I hobbled along, rather like the unfortunate girl in The Red Shoes, only braver and with virtually no complaining, and to be honest it didn't really help when JB suggested that they were tight because my feet had become very fat.......

We eventually reached the restaurant, had a lovely lunch and came home.  By tuk-tuk. 

NB: Ao nang is teeming with people begging to massage various body parts (including feet) but as regular readers will be aware current UN Human Rights regulations forbid me from exposing my trotters.


I can only hope I'm able to limp to the bar later........


No comments:

Post a Comment