Tuesday 20 December 2022

Chapter 2: The Blue Temple

The first thing to say about the Blue Temple is that it is, indeed, blue.
Very blue. 
Bluer than a late night performance by Roy Chubby Brown.






It really is very impressive. And blue.
Even the statues are.......yes, blue.





On entering the temple, it's more of the same. 
The Buddha has a faint blue glow, rather like the Ready Brek kid must look before breakfast.




Get that lad a bowl of porridge!

I asked our guide why there was quite so much blue. He spouted some guff about  blue being the colour of tranquillity and peace.

My own theory is that the temple was built by a minority sect of Chelsea FC Buddhists.

This theory is further borne out by the decoration at the entrance to the temple:




Not much peace and tranquility here......

And finally, cementing my theory beyond doubt:



Coincidence? I think not.

Join me next time when we enter Chapter 3: The Black House.

No comments:

Post a Comment