Monday 26 December 2022

Here's looking at zoo

 It being Boxing Day, what better place to while away a few hours than Chiang Mai zoo?

Ordinarily, I avoid zoos, considering them to be nothing more than maximum security prisons for unfortunate, (occasionally endangered) creatures. 

However.... 

Chiang Mai zoo boasts a couple of giant pandas amongst its inmates. 

I'm afraid the opportunity to gaze upon the monochrome beasts quite overcame any reservations I had about the setting. 

Tossing aside any moral high ground, I handed over my entrance fee and set off in search of the lovable bamboo munchers.

Within minutes, my hopes were cruelly dashed. 

Inexplicably, it seemed that the panda exhibit was "closed for renovation ".

I'd been duped.

I suspect that the whole panda thing is no more than a ruse to lure you in to the zoo. 

The only sighting of a panda was this:


Not quite what I was hoping for. 

Nevertheless, I'd paid my entrance fee and was determined to make the best of things.

It's actually quite a good zoo, with lots of interesting birds and animals to view, including, thrillingly,  a Shetland pony and some sheep.

There's an aquarium too (entrance fee extra) boasting among other things, a giant mekong catfish.

It goes without saying, I didn't go in. Fool me once etc...

Here's a few snapshots of the non-panda type creatures in the zoo...

I think I've found my spirit animal....





A capybara. Think giant guinea pig, but much much lazier....





Clearly, there's been a "domestic disagreement" .




No comments:

Post a Comment