Wednesday 21 December 2022

Chapter 4: Tea Time

 Welcome back. I don't know about you, but I could do with a drink after the "interesting" exhibits at the Black House.

As luck would have it the, the next stop on the BDO was to the Choui Fong tea plantation.





High up in the mountains it's a tea-lovers paradise.
(I thought it was nice and I don't even like tea).

Having made the effort to get there it seemed sensible to try a selection of their home-grown brews.

We tried 3 different blends.
 In all honesty, they tasted like tea.
Although one of them was a bit flowery.......

Shunning the gift shop (packs of flowery tea) we continued on our way.

Leaving the plantation, we spotted some people picking the tea leaves.




Our guide told us that they were migrant workers from Myanmar who now can't go home because the border has closed.

JB felt that the whole thing was staged given that there were no more than 20 pickers and  over 30 acres of tea plants.

I tend to agree with him but for a different reason: 

Tea is produced by this person and no one will convince me otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment