Wednesday 21 December 2022

Chapter 3: The Black House

 The next stop on our BDO was The Black House.

Unique on this tour in being neither blue or white, it's the brainchild of a Thai artist called Thawan Duchanee, who died in 2014.

(Despite evidence to the contrary, I actually do research these bits)

Anyway.   Thawan's big idea was to put together a collection of (black) houses and fill them with "interesting" objects. 

There are about 40 (black) buildings around the site. They're in what's known over here as Lanna style, and I must say they're rather splendid.

Certainly more photogenic than Accrington on a rainy Tuesday. 

And much blacker.....






Embracing our inner Goths, we entered the first building.

Readers of a nervous disposition may want to look away now. (Although what are you doing on here in the first place?)


Yes. That's a dead wolf masquerading as a tablecloth 
 

This my friends is a dining 
 chair.



 

Dead wolf not to your taste?  No problem.  We have a dead crocodile. 


Each building brought fresh horror:

 



A pole covered in shark jaws.
(Don't look at me, I only took the picture)


Culminating in this:




I don't honestly know what they are.
I mean, I know what they look like, but they were in an outside lav, so.....

Get yourself a nice cup of horlicks and try to forget what you've seen. 

Then join me tomorrow for Chapter 4....

No comments:

Post a Comment